Monday, March 11, 2013

Schooling


Throughout my public school career I have had a variety of teachers. Which for the most part tried to teach all of us how to advance in life by giving us the education we needed.  English has always been my least favorite class. I was always the last to finish reading and could never produce anything creative on any of my assignments.


I could never get any of my ideas on paper in a logical sequence that made sense to my readers. If it wasn't for my senior year English teacher my writing would not be anywhere near they are today. And yes I know I’m still a long way from perfect.

She had our entire class just write a page every single day due at the beginning of class. At first this was awful and felt like punishment but as the year went on it became easier and easier to put my thoughts on to paper and make sense. She believed that the only way you get good at something is to practice and practice is what we did. And we weren't limited to a topic letting our imagination go.

I believe that this one class made a difference in my writings and helped me in a lot of other courses. Have you had that one class/ teacher that has made a significant influence on you? What is it that makes some teachers more successful over others?

No comments:

Post a Comment