Thursday, April 18, 2013

Seeing is Everything


While doing research for the multimodal project I was able to locate several forms of convincing my audience of the points I will try to portray throughout the paper. Most of these are pictures in the form of cartoons. Although it is sometimes difficult I enjoyed looking for different ways to inform the reader that when Americans are over work they are less likely to be productive. This is counter intuitive, you would think that the more you work, the more you get done.


The image that I will be using for this blog post is one that I found from CartoonStock.com. In the picture it was an image of a man being carried tons of papers by his secretary that he then has to go through.  Then there is the caption “Done at last, I wonder how old my kids are?” This is a typical representation of the American business man. In order to be successful they must put in ho
urs after hours in at the office. This takes away from the precious family time at home.

After viewing this along with others it is clear that there is a lot of evidence out there that support this claim that Americans are indeed over worked. In my multimodal project I plan to compile all of these sources to create the most convincing presentation that I can.  Do you think that pictures like these help convince the audience that your points are in fact true? Or do you think they are not needed and just straight facts works best when convincing your audience?

1 comment:

  1. It is sad that most of us will follow this suit and neglect our family life. That happens when we live in urban areas, families are a burden and work is our first family.

    ReplyDelete