Thursday, April 11, 2013

Super Easy


When locating a source for a paper I always like to use the library's  resources and databases. This is an easy reliable and effective way to locate scholarly sources that will be used as strong evidence to support your claims. Again this very easy, literally anyone can utilize these resources.

For my writing project I’m looking at the effects of over working Americans. Are Americans over working by working 40 hours a week? And is there a more effective work schedule for all employees across the world. I found a source by typing random words that related to my topic and then tons of sources just appeared for my picking; all of which were scholarly reviewed sources.

Then I scrolled down till I discovered a n article by Tibor Scitovsky titled "More Workers+Fewer Hours=Higher Productivity" This is a good source for my topic because it is scholarly and gives my evidence to build my argument on.

In the article Tibor looks at several companies and the working schedules of the workers. He then breaks it down to the points that employees that work shorter shifts are more productive and have better attitudes while at work. There is points made that when people are happier they are more confident and therefore enjoy doing their job, and actually do a good job.

This source was located using A&M’s resources and without it, discovering scholarly sources would be very difficult. Do you use these same resources? If so, Do you find them extremely effective and easy to use?

2 comments:

  1. I think using databases to locate articles is pretty easy. I find the A&M library search pretty easy, because you can make a general search in all the databases, just in case you don't know which database to choose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes - the library databases are great tools that we have at our disposal. Regarding your topic, I think that there is a very clear relationship between "burnout" and overwork. I had forgotten to mention that connection in our previous conversations; however, burnout is certainly relevant to your topic.

    ReplyDelete